Skip to main content

Menu Plan Monday: Give Me a Reason to Drink

Ok, I don't really need a reason, but with the one-year anniversary of "Safer at Home", Pi Day, and St. Patrick's Day (in Boston no less) - it seems like there are a few good reasons in there. Truthfully, with detecting my migraine triggers, bourbon and whiskey are safer bets for me than wine or beer these days. Baileys still likes me too. So, what goes well with chicken pot pie, "boiled dinnah", and the pastrami (on marbled rye with Swiss cheese and deli mustard) sandwich I have been craving for days?
Ume Old Fashioned:
Sazerac Rye, Akashi Ume, dried plum, chocolate bitters, hazelnut
It is ridiculously cold again, so I am quite happy with using my oven this week. The Meals, in no particular order:
  1. Greek Roasted Fish with Vegetables
  2. Skillet Lemon Chicken with Kale and Potatoes
  3. Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage
  4. Paleo Rye will be my new recipe to try this week - for pastrami sammiches of course! If that fails, there's always lettuce wraps.
  5. Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps -- based off the Homechef recipe (made allergen-free)
Are you planning anything interesting this week?

Comments